Followers

Friday, April 12, 2013

Sorry....long over due....

Two weeks from tomorrow we celebrate the wedding of our oldest daughter!  It is so exciting and very busy.  I had no idea how busy it would be...and tiring.
I have done little sewing, and almost no blog reading....I am so sorry....
But I have been working with some fabulous quilters in the shop!
We recently finished Anna Maria Horner's Feather Bed Quilt!
This group of quilters knocked my socks off!  AMAZING!

 Megan!  A first quilt!
AAAAAAHHHHMAZING!

 Amanda! I love this Essex background in Black and the aqua stems!

Jenny's quilt for baby Milo!  And, tonight baby Milo was born! Welcome Milo!

 Kelli used Essex, as well, on this fantastic quilt! I love the coral stems!  Wonderful, Kelli!

Tonight we had a couple of finishes for Denyse Schmidt's Flowering Vine Quilt....


This is Sara's quilt.  It is breathtaking!  A bright green vine on navy kona background....brilliant.  And the stitching!  White perle cotton in graphic lines! I LOVE IT!

This is Morgan's Flowering Vine!  I love the Essex background in Leather...with this teal polka dot vine!  Yummy!  

I can't tell you how much fun it is to sew with these women. What a lucky girl I am!
Happy Friday!
mary
   
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I love all of the Feathers quilts - we made some for a bee member and I can't wait to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a "welcome back" you have given us- A Molly Flanders inspired quilt show! Everyone of these quilts is just beautiful... I love the variation in all the feather stems and colour palettes used!! They do have a wonderful teacher, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Such gorgeous eye candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky indeed....arent those quilts wonderful...love the essex background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky indeed....arent those quilts wonderful...love the essex background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These quilts look fab! There's more to life than blogging- enjoy your daughters wedding preparations, it's a really special time for you all! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. those quilts are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all beautiful! Congratulations to Jenny :)
    Have a great weekend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohee two weeks!!!
    Lovely to hear from you, we hang on your every word xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to have you back, and the quilts are so perfect. Feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt show is wonderful. Savor the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to hear from you and glad that things are going well with classes and the event! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful to see all those fabulous versions of the feather quilts!! The flowering vines are beautiful too! I can just imagine how fun your classes must be! Wishing you all the best with the lead up to the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet you are a wonderful teacher, Mary! I've walked in your "mother of the bride" shoes....enjoy every exhausted moment of the wedding...that's my best advice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to see all those quilts all done up!

    And two weeks--my goodness, how do you have time to blog? I'm hoping all is mostly done now and it's just spending time with family. Sending my best wishes for a lovely day!

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Gorgeous quilts! Life before blogging! Enjoy your time with your daughter and family!

    ReplyDelete